6 Bookkeeping Services That Will Help Your Business Thrive
Keeping track of the numbers can be a full-time job when you’re running a business. You can easily get overwhelmed and miss important details, which could mean lost revenue and missed opportunities.
That’s where bookkeeping comes in: it’s the important process of recording all the financial transactions for a business and ensuring they’re accurate. Here are just six examples of the valuable services bookkeepers can provide to help your business thrive.
6 Services Bookkeepers Provide
Bookkeepers offer a variety of services, including:
- Recording financial transactions. A bookkeeper records a business’s daily financial transactions and makes sure they’re accurate. They record sales, purchases, payroll, and other transactions in an accounting software program to provide a complete view of accounts and help decrease the chance of mistakes flying under the radar.
- Reconciling your bank statement. A bookkeeper will reconcile your bank statement to ensure that all transactions are accounted for and correct. This helps you avoid fees and any other penalties that may result from inaccuracies about your account.
- Preparing financial reports. A bookkeeper can prepare financial reports for you, such as balance sheets and profit-and-loss statements. These help you track your business’s performance over time. You’ll also be able to see how much of your revenue is left over after all expenses have been paid. This information can be used to plan future business activities or make necessary changes.
- Streamlining Accounts Payable and Receivable Processes. A bookkeeper can streamline your accounts payable and receivable processes by setting up a digital system for tracking invoices and payments. This can help you prevent important account documentation and records from being mishandled by human error through many changes of hands.
- Working with your tax preparer. Your bookkeeper can work with your tax preparer to ensure that all financial information on your business is accurate. Because bookkeepers have a detailed understanding of your financial records, having them work with your tax preparer when you file taxes for business makes sense. This will help you avoid penalties and other issues by decreasing the chance of making mistakes on your taxes.
- Payroll Services. If your business has employees, a bookkeeper may also provide limited or full payroll services. This includes calculating wages, taxes, and other deductions from employees’ paychecks. By outsourcing this task to a professional, you’ll have more time to focus on running your business rather than dealing with tedious paperwork.
Schedule a Free Consultation with an Oregon CPA
At Oregon accounting firm Perpetual CPA, our team of certified public accountants (CPAs) is experienced in providing accurate bookkeeping services to help your company thrive. We’ll ensure you have access to all the information you need to make smart decisions about how to grow your business, and we’ll do it with an eye on efficiency.
If you’re interested in learning more about what’s included with our bookkeeping services, call us at (503) 217-4114 or use our online contact form to schedule a free 30-minute consultation.
We serve Portland, Hillsboro, Beaverton, Wilsonville, Happy Valley, and the surrounding Oregon communities.
111SW Fifth Ave.
Portland, OR 97204
(503) 217-4114 or (503) 217-6101
Email: [email protected]