Controllership Services: What are They and When Should You Consider Them for Your Business?
As a small business owner, you are used to handling all the elements of your business. However, as your company grows and becomes more complex, it is essential that you have a team in place who can help you manage your financial affairs. This is where controllership services come in.
Controllership services are designed to help you make better decisions about your company’s financial health and future.
A controller is a professional who is responsible for overseeing all aspects of a company’s financial operations. They will be able to assist with analyzing financial data, managing budgets, implementing internal controls, and developing policies related to accounting practices within an organization.
When Should a Business Consider Controllership Services?
If you feel like something needs to change so your business can continue growing but aren’t sure what needs to happen or how best to approach it—controllership services are probably right for you. Consider controllership services if:
- You want more clarity on how much revenue is coming into the company versus going out
- Some financial decisions need to be made, but it’s not clear which ones will have the biggest impact
- There are multiple people involved in making decisions, and there needs to be a clear, consistent process for making financial decisions
- Your current accounting software isn’t up to date
- You’re looking for a fresh pair of eyes to look at your financials and get them organized in an easy-to-understand format
- You need someone who can help you with day-to-day financial operations
What Specific Services Are Involved in Controllership?
If you choose to outsource controllership, an experienced team member will start by having a conversation about what’s working well for your business right now, what challenges may be on the horizon, and how you can work together to address them. Then they will go over their recommendations with you and help you implement them.
Specific services your team may utilize may include:
- Assistance with financial reporting and analysis
- Accounting and bookkeeping staff management
- Reviewing cash flow statements and balance sheets
- Comparison and analysis of budget-to-actual
- Guiding strategic planning and long-term growth strategies
- Financial predictions or forecasting
- Assisting with the design and implementation of internal controls
- Month-end closing
- Property tax returns
- Other finance strategies as needed
Schedule a Free Consultation with a Certified Public Accountant in Oregon
At the digital accounting firm Perpetual CPA, we offer comprehensive controllership services for Oregon businesses looking for assistance with their financial matters. Our management team has over 35 years of combined experience in accounting and finance management, which means we have all the tools necessary to help your company meet its goals by providing reliable information about your finances.
We serve Portland, Hillsboro, Beaverton, Wilsonville, Happy Valley, and the surrounding Oregon communities.
111SW Fifth Ave.
Portland, OR 97204
Email: [email protected]